Saturday, September 22, 2012
Wallace State CC
Saturday, September 15, 2012
Tennessee Temple University
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Freed Hardeman University
With college coast escalating every year, earning a college scholarship is increasingly important for a young person and their family. Basketball can be a wonderful opportunity and avenue to help pay for college, while at the same time fulfilling a lifelong dream of playing college basketball. Are you interested in earning a scholarship and playing college basketball? Do you want to test your skills against other top-notch high school players? Do you love basketball? The Hoops Plus college showcases are an opportunity to have fun playing with and against other top-quality basketball players while displaying your skills and work ethic in front of college coaches. By participating in a Hoops Plus College Showcase event, you'll have the opportunity to be seen by recruiters. Last year, more than 150 players participated with nearly 30 college coaches attending the showcases.
$40 per player
** $5 discount if a HS or current AAU teammate also participates (refunded on the day of the event) ** $10 discount if you attend another Showcase event. Discount will be applied at the next event you attend.
** Fee Includes: T-Shirt/Uniform; college recruiting exposure; 3 games of basketball; camper secondary insurance;
athletic training staff provided
Any female basketball player in grades 9-12.
WHY ATTEND THIS SHOWCASE?
- Centralized location to many metropolitan areas
- Less expensive than most other showcases
- Experienced showcase directors
- College coaches may be in attendance
- Video archived for college coaches to watch
- Designed by college coaches with recruitment as the focal point.
"In coaching college basketball for many years, it is no secret that the key to a good team is the talent. College coaches often say things like 'you can't win the Kentucky Derby with Clydesdales...you need thoroughbreds.' If a coach wants to win at the collegiate level, they need talent. The recruiting process is very time-consuming. It has been my good fortune to have success recruiting elite, high-level players. Many of these players were discovered at showcase events. Coaches just don't have time to go see each individual player during their high school season. I highly recommend showcase events both for players and college coaches. They have been a major part of my recruiting strategy for years."
** Jamy Bechler, Head Basketball Coach
Martin Methodist College
Every NCAA-II; NCAA-III; NAIA and Junior College in the region of the showcase will be invited to attend the event. Each college coach that attends will receive a packet that includes your contact information so that they may contact you after the event. The event and the packet is free for college coaches, which is more attractive for college coaches (especially small colleges). All region colleges will also have the opportunity to receive a list of contact information thus increasing the chances of a participant being contacted. Per NCAA rules, Division I colleges are not allowed to attend recruiting events during this weekend. Also, as a recruiting disclaimer, remember that these events are an opportunity to showcase a player's skills on that day. It is not a sure-fire ways to get a college scholarship. Many scholarships are offered as a result of a player being discovered for the first time at a showcase event. However, there are no guarantees that a player will get recruited by participating in a showcase. Recruiting is not an exact science. Recruiters don't all look for the same thing in players. Each coach and each program is different. However, college coaches make a living by finding the right players to fit their programs. They are always looking for that talented individual that will fit their program's needs.
- Players will play 3 games
- Every effort is made by Showcase directors to split up teams evenly
- Each player is guaranteed to play half the game. It is possible that certain players could play additional minutes if a team does not have a full squad of 10 players.
- Games are 40 minutes long with pre-determined substitution times
- No game score will be kept.
- Games will consist of two-20:00 minute halves. Halftime will be 3:00 long.
- Clock will run continous with no stoppage throughout the entire half.
- No fouls are kept. However, excessive or deliberate fouling could be cause for removal.
- No free throws will be shot. Any foul will result in the offensive team retaining possession and taking the ball out of bounds at the nearest spot.
- Technical fouls or unsportsmanlike behavior could result in being benched or removed from the event entirely.
- Teams will be determined by the Hoops Plus staff on the day of the event. Teams will consist of at least 6 players with no more than 10 on a team. Every effort will be made to satisfy requests by participants and their coaches. However, there is no guarantee.
- Emphasis of the event is on showcasing your skills and having fun playing basketball.
Film of all three showcase games can be pre-purchased for a total of $10. If you wait until the day of the event (or after), it'll cost $5/game. Personal video taping of the games is allowed. However, please be respectful of the other spectators.
A concession stand with a variety of types of foods, snacks and beverages will be available at reasonable prices. Additionally, many different types of restaurants are mere minutes away from the gym locations.
Athletic training staff will be available to tape ankles. However, you must bring your own tape. If you do not have tape, then it will cost $2 per ankle. This fee is paid to Hoops Plus staff, who will give you a receipt to give to the trainer.
PAYMENT & REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- Register online and you'll receive a confirmation within 1-3 business days regarding your spot in the event.
- Make money orders or checks payable to: HOOPS PLUS, LLC.
- Must pre-register (and pay) 7 days prior to the start of the event to be guaranteed a particular t-shirt size.
- Full refunds are given up to 7 days prior to the start of the event. After this period of time, only half of the registration fee will be refunded. However, no refunds will be issued on (or after) the day of the event. If you submit payment before confirmation and no spot is available then the full payment will be refunded. You must request a refund in order to receive it, if you qualify for one.
- If you are going to send your payment via postal mail, please put it in the mail no later than 4 days prior to the camp starting to ensure receipt of payment. Otherwise, bring it with you or pay online.
"Thank you for the opportunity and the arena for my daughter to play in front of some fine colleges. Danielle had a lot of fun and opened her eyes to the competition out their vying for few spots at this level. Keep up the hard work as a lot of girls have no way to reach out to folks like you !! Yes its your job, but I’ve heard some good things about you personally and I feel like you are doing it for all the right reasons. Thanks again."
** Mother of a 2011 Chattanooga Event Participant
"I enjoyed participating in the Showcase. It was a great experience and I have already been contacted. Thank you for allowing me to have this experience. Have a great season.".
**Junior from the 2011 Chattanooga Event
"I really enjoyed the showcase at Chattanooga. I got to speak with Coach Berry from the University of Mobile. We had been talking before your event, but we really had some time to talk at Chattanooga. In fact this coming weekend we will going down to visit the campus and talk with the players and coaches there. Hopefully the extra work I have put in will land me in a good program."
**Senior from the 2011 Chattanooga Event
"I had a really good time playing this past weekend! Thank you so much for inviting me and thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it."
**Senior from the 2011 West TN event
"Thanks Jamy...it was nice to play with some different players...Thanks for having the Hoops plus showcase!!"
**Sophomore from Alabama attending 2011 Chattanooga event.
"Thank you so much for giving Destiny the opportunity, We look forward to doing more with you. Please let me know in the future when you do more . We would like for her to enter more as she reaches her senior year, she is only a freshman now so we still have time to shine. We really enjoyed it . Thanks again".
**Parent of an Alabama freshman at the 2011 Chattanooga event.