This Basketball Mini-Camp is a great way to brush up on your fundmentals and gain some valuable insights right before you start your basketball season. This mini-camp will emphasize the fundamentals of shooting, ball-handling (passing, catching, and dribbling), rebounding, defense, playing team ball. You will gain knowledge and learn practical ways to become a better basketball player whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced player.
** Each day of camp will be the same.
** The same fundamentals and skills will be taught at both camps.
Option 1: Saturday, June 16, 2012 (Camp is Full)
Option 2: Saturday, June 23, 2012
Check-In: 8:30 am
Morning Session: 9:00am-Noon
Lunch Break: Noon-1:00 pm (meal not provided)
Afternoon Session: 1:00pm-3:00pm
Any boy or girl ages 8-15 years of age.
$40 per camper (includes a basketball given to each camper that pre-registers)
Sibling Discount: $5 discount per camper if brother/sister(s) attend the camp. The $5 discount will be applied and refunded on the day of camp.
Martin Methodist College (Pulaski, TN) at the Curry Christian Life Center (CLC).
- Directions to the CLC (Gym) from Nashville -- Take I-65 South to Exit 14. Turn Right off exit ramp and take HWY. 64 West toward Pulaski. Travel 11 miles to the third red light at Hwy. 11. Turn right and follow Hwy. 11 north 2.3 miles. You will dead end into the CLC.
- Directions to the CLC (Gym) from Huntsville -- Take I-65 north to Exit 1. Turn left off exit ramp and take Hwy. 31 North toward Pulaski. Travel 16.9 miles to the third red light at Hwy. 64. Turn left and follow Hwy. 64 West 0.5 miles to the third red light at Hwy. 11. Turn right (CVS and Walgreens on the corner) and follow Hwy. 11 North 0.1 miles. You will dead end into the CLC.
- Directions to the CLC (Gym) from Memphis -- Take Hwy. 64 East into Pulaski. From the first red light in Pulaski, follow Hwy. 64 East 1.4 miles to the fourth red light at Hwy. 11. CVS and Walgreens will be on the corner. Turn left, go up the hill and you'll dead end into the CLC.
- Directions to the CLC (Gym) from Chattanooga -- Take I-24 West toward Nashville. Take exit 134 (US 41A) toward Monteagle/Sewanee. Stay on this road approprimately 15 miles going through Cowan. Turn left onto US-64 heading west for about 60 miles. After crossing under I-65 continue traveling on Hwy. 64 West for 11 miles to the third red light at Hwy. 11. Turn right and follow Hwy. 11 North for 2.3 miles. You'll dead end into the CLC (gym).
Basketball Mini-Camps will be conducted by Hoops Plus staff, Martin Methodist College staff and student-athletes.
Ball-handling; Dribbling; Passing; 1-on-1; Beating your defender; Teamwork; Feeding the post; Shooting, Rebounding, Catching the Ball, Shot selection; Post Position, Perimeter Play
DROP-OFF & PICKUP:
- Campers may not be dropped off unattended unless permission is granted by the camp directors and all liability forms have been completed.
- Campers cannot be dropped off prior to 1 hour before the start of the mini-camp session.
- Campers must be picked up within 30 minutes of the Mini-Camp ending.
- Campers must be picked up by the same person that dropped them off unless arrangements have been made prior to the Mini-Camp or notification is made in the morning by the individual dropping the camper off.
- All campers must have a liability waiver completed by a parent/guardian before participating.
- Camps are limited to the first 40 campers to register.
- No meal will be provided to the campers. However, refrigeration is available for campers if they need to store their lunch.
- The camp directors, counselors, or gymnasium site personnel reserve the right to withhold your child from participation if deemed necessary because of disciplinary actions, health concerns, etc...
- Secondary Camper Insurance will be provided by Hoops Plus, LLC. This helps cover any injury that occurs at the Mini-Camp that a camper's primary insurance does not cove
- Hoops Plus, LLC or Martin Methodist College is not responsible for any lost and/or stolen items.
- Water Stations (w/drinking cups) will be provided for campers..
- Bringing your own basketball is highly discouraged since each camper will be provided a basketball at the start of camp.
- Must pre-register in order to be guaranteed a basketball.
- Mini-Camps are operated by Hoops Plus, LLC on the campus of Martin Methodist College.
- Mini-Camp participants do not receive a t-shirt. However, MMC Basketball T-Shirts are available for purchase at a cost of $10/shirt at the camp or $7/shirt if pre-purchased.
- Please bring checks to the camp if you are not able to pay online or send check by the end of business on Tuesday (6/12/12).
- Make checks or money orders payable to: HOOPS PLUS, LLC.
Coach Jamy Bechler
c/o Martin Methodist College
433 West Madison St.
Pulaski, TN 38478
- Must pre-register (and pay) 7 days prior to the start of event in order to be guaranteed a particular t-shirt size. (see the specific camp page to find out if a shirt is offered for the camp you are registering for).
- You must bring the Liability Waiver with you to camp. You cannot participate without a Liability Waiver
- Full refunds are given up to 7 days prior to camp beginning. After this period of time, only half of the registration fee will be refunded if arrangements are made with the camp director. No refunds will be issued on (or after) the day of the event.
- If you are going to send your payment via postal mail, please put it in the mail no later than 4 days prior to the camp starting to ensure receipt of payment. Otherwise, bring it with you or pay online.
- Registration fee is based upon receipt of registration form (written or online) and receipt or postmark of payment. Any discounts or refunds will be applied on the day of the camp.
- Registration will occur in the lobby of the CLC (gym) at Martin Methodist College.