2013 MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE
GIRL'S BASKETBALL FALL LEAGUE
$60 for the HS league
$40 for the MS league
** $5 discount if multiple players from your school plays in the league. Discount will be applied at the first day of the league.
- T-Shirt (which will be your jersey for each week). Every effort will be made to grant your size request. However, only those who pay by September 6 will be guaranteed the requested size.
- Recruiting exposure (NCAA-II, NCAA-III, NAIA, and Junior College coaches will be invited)
- High school officials for high school league
- Athletic Trainer available to evaluate and temporarily treat injuries
- Secondary camper insurance coverage
- The League is limited to 60 players (40 for middle school)
- Make checks or money orders payable to: MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE
Coach Jamy Bechler
c/o Martin Methodist College
433 West Madison St.
Pulaski, TN 38478
- Rosters will be finalized on September 9.
- A round-robin format will be utilized whereby each team plays a different opponent one time in a weekly game
- Each team will be assigned a coach for the duration of the league
- Maximum of 10 players will be on each team
- All attempts will be made to make the teams as even as possible
- Each player is guaranteed at least 20 minutes of playing time.
- Per TSSAA rules, no more than 3 players from the same high school team will play on the same Fall League team. Every reasonable effort will be made to honor player and coach's requests regarding Fall League team selection.
- There are no practices for this fall league.
- Running time except for last minute of each half and for substitutions (16:00, 12:00, 8:00, 4:00)
- High School Rules (in preparation for your season)
- To maximize the basketball played, free throws will only be shot in the last minute of each half.
- Shooting fouls will result in an automatic 2 points (3 points if fouled on a 3-pt attempt).
- All fouls in the last minute of each half will be considered a 2-shot double bonus.
Filming is permitted by spectators. However, we will be filming each Fall League game. A copy of each game will be available to anyone that wants it at a cost of $10. If you want us to make additional copies, each one (after the first copy) will cost $5. These could serve as nice gifts for relatives, handy for taking a trip down memory lane one day, or sending out to college coaches.
Player's points, rebounds, assists, steals and shooting percentages will be kept for each game.
A concession stand will be available providing a variety of beverages, snacks and food. Additional Fall League T-Shirts will be made available for purchase to fans, friends and family.
MARTIN METHODIST COLLEGE FUND-RAISER:
The Fall League is conducted by the women's basketball program at Martin Methodist College as a fund-raiser and an opportunity to give area girls basketball players a chance to play before their season begins. Hoops Plus, LLC's only role in this Fall League is as an online registering site for the league. All liability, money, organization, and operation of the Fall League falls under the auspices of the Martin Methodist College women's basketball program. No money from the MMC Fall League goes to Hoops Plus, LLC. Those not wanting to register for the event online through the Hoops Plus, LLC site can call the RedHawk women's basketball office at 931-363-9829 or email Coach Bechler at JBechler@MartinMethodist.edu.
Do you want to play against the best players in preparation for your high school season? If so, then join other top high school players at the Hoops Plus Fall League. This fall league will be held at Martin Methodist College and will include some of the best players from Middle Tennessee and Northern Alabama. You will also have the opportunity to be seen by numerous college coaches that will be in attendance. Each of the last two years, the league has filled up to capacity. Nearly all of the seniors participating have received interest from colleges. Many have accepted scholarships to continue their playing careers. Register today because the League is limited to only 60 high school athletes and has been full each of the last three years.
2013 GAME DATES & TIMES:
- Sunday, September 15 (HS only - 3, 4, 5 pm)
- Sunday, September 22 (MS - 1, 2 pm; HS - 3, 4, 5 pm)
- Sunday, September 29 (MS - 1, 2 pm; HS - 3, 4, 5 pm)
- Sunday October 6 (MS - 1, 2 pm; HS - 3, 4, 5 pm)
- Sunday, October 13 (HS only - 3, 4, 5 pm)
HS Fall League--females currently in 9th-12th grades.
Middle School League--females currently in 6th-8th grades
- Jamy Bechler, MMC Head Women's Basketball Coach
- 931-363-9829 (office); 903-918-5622 (cell)
($10 discount if paid by August 23)
After three years of selling out the High School Fall League, a middle school league is being started. The middle school league will be capped at 40 athletes and 4 teams. They will play a 3-week schedule. All rules and format of the high school league applies to the middle school league.